Causes of Data Breaches
ARE YOUR FILES SECURE?
A new study finds file security gaps in financial services industry.
IT leaders say that their security policies and technology covers file sharing, but they are still susceptible to breaches:
- 90% say their security policy covers file sharing.
- 74% had a breach, or weren’t sure if they had or not.
- 65% are not certain that their security plan for unstructured data meets regulatory requirements
- Accidental sharing of sensitive documents
- Use of personal devices for corporate use
- Use of File sharing solutions
- Security, lost, stolen, or insecure devices
- Internal Leaks
Most people agree that email is not a secure way to send files:
- 28% say a file sharing mistake caused the data breach
- 37% say that employees using unapproved systems or not are not sure
- 20% say that breaches are due to the use of personal and software devices
- 18% reported a breach due to lost stolen or unsecured devices
80% of respondents said that companies still stick to snail mail to send sensitive documents due to these issues.
***Information and statistics originally from BlueBerry.